Barack Obama Quotes on Abortion

"I think that most Americans recognize that abortion is a profoundly difficult issue for the women and families who make these decisions. They don't make them casually. And I trust women to make these decisions, in conjunction with their doctors and their families and their clergy, and I think that's where most Americans are." 
Barack Obama 


"Abortion is a difficult moral issue. And one of the things that I believe is that to pretend that it's not a moral issue is a mistake. I think that people wrestle with this issue deeply. My belief is simply that women are in the best position to make that very difficult moral decision." 
Barack Obama 


"A woman's ability to decide how many children to have and when, without interference from the government, is one of the most fundamental rights we possess. It is not just an issue of choice, but equality and opportunity for all women." 
Barack Obama 


"Abortions should be legally available in accordance with Roe v. Wade decision of 1973." "I believe we must work together to reduce the number of unintended pregnancies. I support legislation to expand access to contraception, health information, and preventative services to help reduce unintended pregnancies." 
Barack Obama 


"With respect to partial-birth abortion, I am completely supportive of a ban on late-term abortions, partial-birth or otherwise, as long as there's an exception for the mother's health and life." 
Barack Obama 


"On an issue like partial birth abortion, I strongly believe that the state can properly restrict late-term abortions. I have said so repeatedly. All I've said is we should have a provision to protect the health of the mother, and many of the bills that came before me didn't have that." 
Barack Obama 


"I'm all for education for our young people, encouraging abstinence until marriage, but I also believe that young people do things regardless of what their parents tell them to do and I don't want my daughters ending up in really difficult situations because I didn't communicate to them, how to protect themselves if they make a mistake. I think we've got to have that kind of comprehensive view that says family planning and education for our young people and so forth - to prevent teen pregnancies, to prevent the kinds of situations that lead to women having to struggle with these difficult decisions and we should be supportive of those efforts. That's an area where there should be some agreement." 
Barack Obama 


"We've actually made progress over the last several years in reducing teen pregnancies, for example. And what I have consistently talked about is to take a comprehensive approach where we focus on abstinence, where we are teaching the sacredness of sexuality to our children. But we also recognize the importance of good medical care for women, that we're also recognizing the importance of age-appropriate education to reduce risks. I do believe that contraception has to be part of that education process." 
Barack Obama 


Barack Obama is the 44th and current President of the United States. He is the first African American to hold the office. Obama is well known for his inspirational speeches. He would be running for re-election in 2012. In December 2008, Time magazine named Obama as its Person of the Year for his historic candidacy and election, which it described as "the steady march of seemingly impossible accomplishments". In 2009, Obama had won the Nobel Peace Prize "for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples". Obama is the fourth U.S. president to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize and the third to become a Nobel laureate while in office. This post contains some of the most famous quotes of Obama on Abortion.
Loved this quote ? Kindly share it others.

Technorati Digg This Stumble Stumble Facebook Twitter