Inspirational Quotes from Movies - Gladiator

I knew a man once who said, "Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back."
Maximus


Whatever comes out of these gates, we've got a better chance of survival if we work together. Do you understand? If we stay together, we survive.
Maximus

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.
Maximus

Fratres! Three weeks from now, I will be harvesting my crops. Imagine where you will be, and it will be so. Hold the line. Stay with me. If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead! Brothers, what we do in life, echoes in eternity.
Maximus

Ancestors I ask for your guidance! Blessed mother come to me with the gods' desires for my future. Blessed father watch over my wife and my son with a ready sword! Whisper to them that I only live to hold them again! Ancestors I honor you and I try to live with the dignity you taught me!
Maximus

One kind word, one full hug while you pressed me to your chest and held me tight, would have been like the sun on my heart for a thousand years. What is it in me you hate so much? All I ever wanted was to live up to you, Caesar, Father. Father, I would butcher the whole world if you would only love me!
Commodus

It's a dream, a frightful dream... life is.
Commodus

When a man sees his end he wants to know there has been some purpose to his life.
Marcus Aurelius

Your faults as a son is my failure as a father.
Marcus Aurelius

Some of you are thinking you won't fight. Others, that you can't fight, they all say that, until they're out there. [He picks up a sword.] Thrust this into another man's chest, and the crowd will applaud and love you for it. In time, you may even begin to love them for that. Ultimately, we're all dead men. Sadly, we cannot choose when, but we can decide how we meet that end, so that we are remembered as men.
Proximo

Listen to me. Learn from me. I was not the best because I killed quickly. I was the best because the crowd loved me. Win the crowd and you will win your freedom.
Proximo

Life is a gift from our fathers to us. Who are you to give it up for lack of lifting a spoon?
Juba

Better to die for a friend than to die for gold.
Juba

Loved this quote ? Kindly share it others.

Technorati Digg This Stumble Stumble Facebook Twitter